It is, by far, the largest single-day increase of confirmed cases in Malaysia since 25 January, the date when patients with coronavirus disease were first recorded in the country. <small> Cover image via SCMP Bernama </small>
On Friday evening, 28 new coronavirus cases were recorded here
By far, the largest single-day increase of cases in Malaysia since 25 January, when coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patients were first recorded in the country, it brought the total number of cases to 83.
Of those infected, 23 have made full recovery and have been discharged from local hospitals.
<blockquote><p dir="ltr" lang="en">Update on the #COVID19 current situation in Malaysia, Mar 6, 2020.28 new cases were reported in Malaysia, today. The total number of cases in Malaysia so far is 83 with 23 have been recovered and discharged. Read official statement MOH Malaysia. pic.twitter.com/erNYgIKKAo</p>— KKMPutrajaya (@KKMPutrajaya) March 6, 2020</blockquote>
Taking stock of the situation in the country, Istana Negara issued a statement, saying that the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah, has expressed concerns
According to New Straits Times, in the statement, which was issued today, 7 March, Istana Negara's Comptroller of the Royal Household Ahmad Fadil Shamsuddin said that the Agong has called on the rakyat to do their part in assisting the Ministry of Health to contain the spread of the disease in Malaysia.</p>
The Agong is urging everyone to help the Ministry of Health, sans a Health Minister since 24 February, in its investigations and contact tracing to contain the spread of the coronavirus disease effectively
"His Majesty has urged the public to access the 'virtual health advisory' or the Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC) through the Ministry of Health's website if they have any concerns, questions or need information," said the Comptroller of the Royal Household.
According to the statement, the Agong also advised the public to comply with preventive measures and guidance issued by MOH, which has been actively updating netizens through social media.
Additionally, the Agong has now advised all organisers of events to conduct health screening of participants and checking their travel histories in the 14-day period prior to the date of events.
He has also urged them to provide participants with sufficient hand sanitisers, Bernama reported.
While expressing his appreciation for the quick action, treatment, and continuous monitoring undertaken and provided by MOH and related agencies, the Agong urged Malaysians to join him in offering prayers
<p>"His Majesty urges Malaysians to join him in offering prayers that the country and the world is protected from the coronavirus, and that authorities in affected areas are able to contain the virus."<br></br></p>
All copyrights for this article are reserved to DIY