No cream or blow torch needed! <small> Cover image via TikTok @shefshaq <span></span> </small>
A smooth crème brûlée is comforting for the tummy and soul
Not to mention, the satisfaction of hearing the spoon crack against the caramelised sugar crust. Mm yes.</p> <p>TikTok user Shef Shaquille recently went viral for showing BuzzFeed Tasty's quick and easy way to make the creamy dessert.</p>
Based on the video, here’s how you can make a simple crème brûlée with just three ingredients: good vanilla ice cream, an egg yolk, and sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 325˚F (160˚C)
2. Microwave 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream in a bowl for 30 minutes or until it has melted
3. Take an egg yolk and whisk it into the melted ice cream. Then, pour the mixture into a ramekin.
4. Put the ramekin in a pan. And fill the pan with hot water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekin. Then, put it in the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
5. Remove the ramekin – it should look set but slightly jiggly in the centre. After it cools down, cover with cling wrap and put it in the refrigerator for at least two hours or up to three days.
6. Remove from the fridge, sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar on top, and use a blow torch to melt it into a crispy crust
If you don’t have a torch, the video shows that you can melt the sugar in a hot pan until it browns and pour it over the dessert.
Or you can also set your oven to ‘Broil’, put the crème brûlée with the sprinkled sugar on top in the oven for a couple of minutes until the sugar melts into a crispy crust.
If you’re using this method, make sure to keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t overcook!
7. Lastly, dig in!
You can have it on its own or with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
If you have ripe or overripe bananas at home, these are a few simple desserts you can make too:
Read more Makan stories on SAYS:
<h3>You may be interested in:</h3>
All copyrights for this article are reserved to DIY