MOH believes it's not a case of working at the front lines but linked to the doctor's travel history. <small> Cover image via Noor Hisham Abdullah/Facebook Sinar Harian </small>
Reported death in Malaysia from COVID-19 has now gone to nine
This comes after the Ministry of Health (MOH) took to Twitter to announce today, 22 March, the first case of COVID-19 death among its medical staff. The doctor was case 890.
“The ninth death case in the first case of death among medical staff. He’s a Malaysian citizen who was 48 years old and is a medical doctor with MOH. He had a history of travel to Turkey,” MOH said.
The ministry added that it believes the case is not due to working at the front lines but linked to the doctor’s travel history.
<blockquote><p dir="ltr" lang="en">The number of deaths in Malaysia is now 9. The latest death is a specialist doctor at Tuanku Fuziah Hospital, Kangar, who had travelled to Turkey.</p>— KKMPutrajaya (@KKMPutrajaya) March 22, 2020</blockquote>
The doctor was admitted to Hospital Tuanku Fauziah on 17 March
According to MOH, he was experiencing a severe acute respiratory infection.
“He was positively diagnosed with COVID-19 on 18 March and had been on respiratory aids since 19 March after his health deteriorated,” MOH said in its subsequent tweets earlier today.
He was pronounced dead at 10.33am today, 22 March
Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah took to his official Facebook page to offer condolences.</p>
Stay updated with the latest COVID-19 stories:
<h3>You may be interested in:</h3>
All copyrights for this article are reserved to DIY