Mat Sabu and LGE's bromance > Twilight. <small> Cover image via Facebook </small>
Pakatan Harapan wasted no time in getting down to business after their GE14 win
Among many things announced in the past few days, Amanah president Haji Mohamad bin Sabu a.k.a. <b>Mat Sabu was unveiled as the country's </b><b>new Defence Minister</b>... much to Malaysians' delight.<br></br></p>
Malaysians were especially tickled pink that the “cute” politician will be overseeing national security. So much so that netizens began congratulating him with memes and Photoshop battles:
In case you’re wondering, the caption above says: “Being cute is not a crime.”
Check out the best ones we came across on the interwebs:
1. He may not have much experience, but it’s nothing Photoshop can’t fix
2. If all else fails, he’ll scare enemies off with his fiery speeches
3. Or he’d probably just throw his cap at them, nbd
Check out that Spider-Man cameo, lol.
4. Mat Sabu stacking up chairs so he doesn’t have to stand when giving a speech is such a mood
5. Even Mark Zuckerberg took a leaf out of Mat Sabu’s book
7. Still a better love story than Twilight
8. FUN FACT: According to Lim Guan Eng, Mat Sabu makes a killer curry fish head.
9. Over on Snapchat, the young ones think Mat Sabu is “precious” when he smiles
10. Meanwhile, a former minister is experiencing major FOMO
11. A meme compilation is not complete until you wrap it up with the Avengers. Yep, that’s Mat Sabu as the Hulk.
BONUS: Malaysians are also sharing this photo of Mat Sabu sleeping on the road during the 2015 Bersih rally.
… And this video of Mat Sabu explaining 1MDB in a ceramah
<blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/mujahidin.zulkiffli/videos/10156378394784486/">Mat Sabu got the portfolio of Ministry of Defence. Just to share, this is the video clip I used in my digital campaigns to explain to the rural Malays about 1MDB. Tony Pua might have done a much better job with us urbanites but to the rural folks, this guy deserves a huge credit! Salute, Mr Defence Minister.</p>Posted by Mujahidin Zulkiffli on Saturday, 12 May 2018</blockquote>
Want a break from post-GE14 news? Check out more memes Malaysians came up with, this time about Dr. M’s now iconic Council of Elders:
But if news is what you came for, read the latest post-GE14 stories on SAYS:
All copyrights for this article are reserved to DIY